But “the next edition of IMS Ibiza will mark a huge reset for the industry, for the world, and for IMS”
The organisers of the International Music Summit in Ibiza have announced that this year's conference will, like last year's, be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic – but that IMS will return with all guns blazing in 2022.
“As the majority of the world is still in the grip of the pandemic, it feels irresponsible to encourage our community to gather together until it is safer to do so,” said co-founder Ben Turner, announcing the news. “IMS was created at a time of crisis for electronic music, we have galvanized the genre before, and we remain committed to supporting the industry that we love. The next edition of IMS Ibiza will mark a huge reset for the industry, for the world, and for IMS.”
And just to show Turner and co mean business, the dates and outline programme for IMS Ibiza 2022 have already been announced. It's all going down at the Destino Pacha Resort on 27 April-1 May, and attractions include:
• three days of seminars, keynote addresses and panel discussions
• a Technology Trade Fair showcasing the latest innovations from leading hardware manufacturers
• the IMS College Education zone, with workshops and masterclasses to inspire the next generation
• the ARETÉ wellness platform, open to all delegates at no cost, courtesy of Pioneer DJ
• networking sessions, including one-to-one speed networking with promoters, agents & bookers
• access to Ibiza club openings and satellite events across the island
• a safe space hosted by SheSaidSo
• entry to the IMS Dalt Vila closing celebration at the 2,500-year-old UNESCO World Heritage site.
Super Early Bird ticket and accommodation packages will go on sale very soon. For more information, see IMS Ibiza's own website.