THIS WEEK: The Black Madonna, ADE 2018, Echowaves, Anjunabeach, Chaka Khan, Underworld, Hot Since 82 and much, much more....
1. Rockstar Games have added a nightclub environment to Grand Theft Auto. The new virtual club - which players will get a chance to run themselves as part of the gameplay - comes as part of a DLC upgrade to GTA V that will be available in July, and the club's resident DJs are The Black Madonna [pictured], Dixon, Solomun and Tale Of Us.
2. Disco, funk and R&B legend Chaka Khan is to release her first new album in over a decade on Switch's label Diary Records. A release date and title are still TBC, but the first single from the album, Like Sugar, can be found on YouTube now.
3. Chaka's not the only major league dance star with new music to tell you about. Goldie will be releasing a collaborative, classical-inspired long-player with James Davidson from Ulterior Motive (under the name Subjective) entitled Act One: Music For Inanimate Objects on 21 September, while Underworld have teamed up with the legendary Iggy Pop on an EP called Teatime Dub Encounters that's out on Caroline International on 27 July.
4. Meanwhile, the next installment in the 8-Track mini-album series from Knee Deep In Sound will come from label boss Hot Since 82 himself. It's not due till the autumn but a trailer single, Buggin', is out now.
5. Following the announcement of his DJ-Kicks compilation, which is out in July, Sweden's DJ Seinfeld [pictured below] has announced a major club tour, taking in cities from San Francisco to Moscow. UK readers can catch him at Sneaky Pete's, Edinburgh (25 July), Soup Kitchen, Manchester (3 August), The Love Inn, Bristol (4 Aug), The Limelight, Belfast (21 September), Headrow House, Leeds (27 October) and Village Underground, London (10 November).
6. This week's Hideout Festival in Croatia saw a fatal stabbing. The victim has been named online as 26-year-old Ugo 'Kraze' Wilson from north London, while two other British visitors were also injured. Another unnamed 25-year-old British man has been arrested and charged with Wilson's murder.
7. Happier news from Amsterdam, where the first artists have been announced for this year's Amsterdam Dance Event. ADE 2018 will take place on 17-21 October, and already on the bill are (deep breath): Âme, The Advent, Ben Klock, Ben Sims, Bicep, Bonobo, Charlotte De Witte, Chris Liebing, Claptone, Dave Clarke, David Guetta, Darius Syrossian, Derrick May, Detlef & Latmun, DJ Rush, Dixon, Dubfire, Floating Points, Floorplan, Helena Hauff, Henrik Schwarz, James Zabiela, Jamie Jones, Jeff Mills, Jon Hopkins, Joris Voorn, Joseph Capriati, KiNK, Kölsch, Laurent Garnier, Leon Vynehall, Luciano, Luke Slater, Maceo Plex, Mall Grab, Mano Le Tough, Marco Bailey, Martin Garrix, Mathew Jonson, Maya Jane Coles and loads more. And that's just the first half of the alphabet!
8. More details have emerged of the new luxury festival hosted by Anjunabeats that we told you about last week. Mexico will be the setting for Anjunabeach: Riviera Maya on 4-6 January, and as previously reported it's an all-inclusive deal with prices starting at a eye-watering $1,589 (£1,200 approx) per person.
9. If that's a bit steep for you then Echowaves in Anaklia, Georgia might be a more realistic proposition. Taking place on 23-26 August, Echowaves is a new festival from the makers of EXIT in Serbia, and the Phase 1 line-up includes headliners Tricky and Jeff Mills plus Solomun, DJ Tennis, Claro Intellecto, Marc Romboy, Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Blond:Ish and more. Ticket prices are still TBA but we're pretty sure they won't be over a grand!
10. Rattling through some other festival news quickly... Portugal's BPM have announced a series of six warm-up parties, taking place in Beirut (30 June), Barcelona (1 July), Mykonos (2 August), Zurich (10 & 11 Aug) and Ibiza (16 Aug), with DJs including Nicole Moudaber, Guy Gerber, Dubfire and Nathan Barato... London's Egg LDN will host the official Eastern Electrics afterparty on 4 August with Matador (live), Guti, Geddes, Mella Dee, Spencer Parker and more... and Welsh festival Logic have announced two warm-up parties, one at Swansea's Rainbow Rooms on 4 August and one at the Dillwyn Arms in Pontardawe on 18 August.
11. Over in Ibiza, Ushuaïa will host one-offs from both ANTS and elrow this summer. elrow visit first on 18 July, bringing Andrea Oliva, Eats Everything and Kölsch with them, while ANTS are in the house on 4 August, when Andrea Oliva B2B Pete Tong, Camelphat, Eli & Fur, Maya Jane Coles, Nic Fanciulli B2B Steve Lawler and Solardo will all play a Radio 1 party.
12. Four Tet is to host a Warehouse Project all-dayer in Manchester on 6 October. The full line-up is still TBA, but we do know that the day will kick off with a B2B set from Four Tet himself and Ben UFO.
13. Up in Scotland, Leith Docks in Edinburgh might not seem like the obvious place to throw a party, but local promoters Nightvision clearly think differently. And as the line-up for their Leith Docks Sound System all-nighter on 24/25 August includes the likes of Patrick Topping, Peggy Gou, Richy Ahmed, Mike Servito and Ejeca, with more names to be announced, who are we to argue?
14. Meanwhile back in the Big Smoke, The Martinez Brothers B2B Locodice headline LWE's Cuttin' Headz at Tobacco Dock (what is it with docks right now?) on 6 October, joined by Guti (live) and William Djoko. Again, more names still TBA so watch this space...
15. Move D is to play all night long at Brixton's Phonox for four weeks on the trot, the first DJ ever to do so. He's there every Friday from 10-31 August.
16. Over in east London, XOYO celebrate their sixth birthday with five parties on 14-18 August, with the biggest attractions being Wiley and Flava D on 17 August, and Lil' Louis and Willow on 18 August.
17. Finally on a studio tip, Gothic Instruments have added to their popular range of DRONAR sound-design packages for Kontakt users with the launch of DRONAR: Glitchscapes. The ninth module in the series packs over 2,000 sounds weighing in at 3.8GB, and is available now, priced £47.95 - see the Time & Space website for full details. Meanwhile Leeds-based Nugen Audio mark the launch of their new website with the announcement of six new production/post-production plug-in bundles, entitled Focus, Modern Mastering, Nugen Producer, Loudness Toolkit, Nugen Post and Surround Suite.
Black Madonna pic: Aldo Paredes