With a new single out on Repopulate Mars, the rising Manchester duo do us a mix
Our Making Waves series showcases DJ mixes by rising stars of electronic music. Today it's the turn of Manchester duo Versus, whose work has appeared on labels including Ultra Music and SOLA, and whose current single Red Light is out now on Lee Foss's Repopulate Mars
AKA: Scott Walker and David Skehan
Describe the music you make in 20 words or less: Dark rollers with catchy hooks that you can’t help but tap your foot to.
Five key influences: Sofi Tukker, Chris Lake, Camelphat, Boris Brejcha, John Summit.
What one artist/producer would you most like to work with, and why? That’s a tough one to answer… there’s too many to pick and choose, but it would have to be Chris Lake or Camephat. They are incredible producers and we love their productions and sound.
If people check out just ONE of your tracks, what should it be? Our new single, Red Light.
What else do iDJ readers need to know? We’re professional chopstick users, love a good ramen…..also look our for our next single coming out in the next couple of months, $ Gang.
Red Light is out now on Repopulate Mars
1. Amine Edge & DANCE – Good Viberation
2. Hood Rich – Bring A Friend
3. Popof – Rubber
4. Soultight, Jenna Evans – The Way I Do
5. Versus – Dolla Gang
6. Kevin Knapp – Worldwide
7. Westend, Ranger Trucco – Life Of Sin
8. Joshwa, Lee Foss – My Humps
9. Ben Sterling – Dimensions
10. Fab Massimo – My Man
11. Versus – Red Light
12. Prok & Fitch – Down To The Strut
13. Muus, Ranger Trucco – Crush On You
14. Southcity Grooves, Ola – Lose Yourself Tonight
15. Volac – Naughty Water
16. Kevin Knapp – You The Truth