Featuring Marco Bailey, DJ Harvey, Grandmaster Flash, DJ Premier, Bassnectar, Tiesto, Hardwell, Soundcloud and, er, McDonald's
1. With the Ibiza season looming on the horizon, the line-up announcements have been coming in thick and fast. Joining Marco Bailey (pictured) for Materia at Privilege's Vista Club on Sundays will be Jon Rundell, Shlomi Aber, Victor Calderone, DJ Rebekah and many more. Applebum will be bringing hip-hop and R&B to Sankeys on Tuesday nights with the likes of Grandmaster Flash, Jazzy Jeff and DJ Premier while Tale Of Us present Afterlife at Space on Thursdays has Ame, Dixon, Manu Le Tough, Marcel Dettman, Rødhad, Nina Kraviz, Matthew Jonson and Whomadewho, among others.
2. Over in the States, the Phase 1 line-up was announced this week for this year's Moonrise festival. Taking place at the Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore on 6 and 7 August, it's an EDM-tastic affair starring the likes of Tiesto, Bassnectar, Zedd, Andy C, Flosstradaums, Flux Pavilion, Marshmello and Oliver Heldens.
3. Back home in the UK, this year's Soundon Festival, which now takes place at Essex Sports Village in Purfleet, Essex on 13-14 August (having been pushed back from May), boasts Miguel Campbell, Fabio & Grooverider, Fuse ODG, Krept & Konan, Leftwing & Kody, Artful Dodger, DJ SKT, No Artificial Colours, David Zowie, Cirillo, Randall and Kenny Ken... and all for just £40!
4. Soundcloud announced this week that it's reinventing itself as a £9.99/month streaming service, because there simply aren't enough of those in the world already. You'll still be able to listen for free - you'll just be bombarded with ads unless you sign up.
5. Following his recent triumphant return to Ministry Of Sound, DJ Harvey has been snapped up as a resident by XOYO. He'll play four all-night-long sets on 6, 13, 20 and 27 August - his first London residency in 25 years.
6. The Bremer Trust, which has been appointed to handle the estate of Prince, drilled open the late legend's music vault this week - and discovered enough unreleased material for 100 albums.
7. Denmark's world-famous Culture Box got a shock this week when it was announced that the nightclub is to lose the €2.4m it receives annually in state arts funding. But apparently “contingency plans are already in place” and there's no need for Copenhagen clubbers to panic just yet.
8. Hardwell has cancelled a gig in Antwerp next week, saying that in light of “the prevailing atmosphere surrounding the recent events in Brussels, we have decided that it is not the right time or place to host this event.” Wonder if the date (Friday the 13th) had anything to do with it?
9. New legislation has been proposed in the US that would see remixers and producers get a larger share of airplay royalties on tracks they've had a hand in. The cross-party Allocation for Music Producer Act is currently under consideration by Congress.
10. Want to get started in music production? Then head for McDonald's, who've introduced the McTrax, a placemat printed in conductive ink that connects to an app on your phone and lets you start sculpting your own electronic music masterpieces. Only trouble is, you'll need to live in The Netherlands to get to use one...
11. Culture vulture corner! Doing the film festival circuit right now, Kiki is a new documentary film by Swedish film-maker Sara Jordenö and LGBT activist Twiggy Pucci Garcon that explores the contemporary ballroom/vogueing scene in NYC, while a play about the heyday of UK garage called With A Little Bit Of Luck, written by Sabrina Mahfouz, is currently touring theatres in Britain.
12. Dave Clarke's Dirty Dozen parties have been a mainstay of Amsterdam Dance Event for over a decade now, and the line-up was announced this week for this year's party. Mr Clarke's guests at Melkweg on 21 October will be Luke Slater & Ø [Phase], Marcel Fengler, Miss Kittin, Tommy Four Seven, Rebekah, Black Asteroid and Louisahhh.
Tags: Marco Bailey, Materia, Jon Rundell, Shlomi Aber, Victor Calderone, DJ Rebekah, Grandmaster Flash, Jazzy Jeff, DJ Premier, Ame, Dixon, Manu Le Tough, Marcel Dettman, Rødhad, Nina Kraviz, Matthew Jonson, Whomadewho, Moonrise, Baltimore, Tiesto, Bassnectar, Zedd, Andy C, Flosstradaums, Flux Pavilion, Marshmello, Oliver Heldens, XOYO, Soundcloud, streaming, Prince, Hardwell, Allocation For Music Producer Act, McTrax, Kiki, vogueing, ballroom, UK garage, Luke Slater, Marcel Fengler, Miss Kittin, Tommy Four Seve