This week: Kaskade, Illum Sphere, Kode9, TheXX, Berghain, Joseph Capriati, Motion NYD, Matthias Tanzmann and more
1. Former deep house producer turned EDM superstar Kaskade [pictured] will be coming to the UK next month for a series of DJ gigs. Catch him at Canal Mills in Leeds on 10 November, Manchester Academy on 11 November or at Electric Brixton, London on 12 November. Before that, he's also playing Dublin Academy on 9 November.
2. Hyperdub co-owner Steve Goodman, better known as Kode9, has called time on his Rinse FM show, which has been running for an incredible 13 years. His last broadcast was on Sunday (9 October), and included a special tribute mix to late Teklife founder DJ Rashad, on what would have been the footwork legend's 37th birthday.
3. A cassette of Prince edits and remixes called The Versace Experience: Prelude 2 Gold, copies of which were originally given out to those attending a Versace fashion show in 1995, has been sold on Discogs for a whopping $4,087 - the highest price ever paid for a cassette on the site.
4. The xx, who are currently working on a follow-up to 2012 album Coexist, have announced a European tour - their first live dates in several years. The tour kicks off in Zagreb, Croatia on 28 November, moving on through Prague (Czech Republic, 29 Nov), Poznan (Poland, 30 Nov) and Warsaw (Poland, 1 Dec), before ending in Vilnius, Lithuania on 3 December. After that, the trio fly out to Tokyo, where they'll appear at Toyosu Pit on 6 December before moving on to South America.
5. Okay, we all know Berghain's hard to get into. WE ALL KNOW... so let's all stop going on about it now, shall we? Oh, what's that? Someone's now trying to crowdfund a card game where you play the role of notorious picker Sven Marquardt and vet hopeful clubbers, while advice on how to get in was given out this week on the BBC World Service? Okay , looks like we aren't all going to stop talking about it after all. Sheesh. We never had all this fuss about Vague...
6. Italy's getting a new dance festival in the form of Shout!. Brought to you by the team behind the local club night of the same name, Shout! takes place at Oval Longotto, Turin on 7 December, with Joseph Capriati, Tale Of Us and Nina Kraviz all set to appear.
7. And speaking of Tale Of Us, they're also co-headlining the annual New Year's Day party at Bristol's Motion, alongside Ben Klock. Also lined up for the eight-room event are Jackmaster, A Sagittariun, ItaloJohnson, Helena Hauff, Jeremy Underground, Axel Boman, KiNK (live) and many more. Tickets are on sale now, starting at £15+BF.
8. Upcoming albums to look out for include Alchemy, the debut long-player from Hot Creations co-founder Lee Foss (Hot Creations, February); Glass, the second album from Mancunian beatsmith Illum Sphere (Ninja Tune, 4 November); Follow The Beat, a new mini-album from Danish chill-out don Kenneth Bager (Music For Dreams, 23 December); and the imaginatively titled Different Circles Mix CD, a 21-track DJ mix by Mumdance and Logos featuring tracks from their label of the same name (Different Circles, 11 November).
9. Looking to add some squalling feedback to your studio productions? New from Dave Smith Instruments comes the DSM03, a Eurorack module based on the feedback circuits from Evolver and Prophet synths. It's available now, priced $275 (£225 approx).
10. Norman Jay and Paco Osuna have been added to the line-up of speakers at Take Note, the one-day conference for aspiring producers which takes place at Second Home in London on 19 November. Also now added to the list of industry figures appearing at the event is Adrian Hughes, head of marketing at !K7 Records.
11. Moon Harbour founder Matthias Tanzmann's second album Momentum dropped last week, and now he's undertaking the inevitable world tour to promote it. For UK readers, this means you're advised to get along to Egg Ldn on 3 December, where Mr Tanzmann and Sven Tasnadi will be playing records all the way through from 11pm to 9am. Tickets start at £10.
12. Berlin nightclub Gretchen is getting a new bass-centric club night hosted by The Bug, AKA iDJ's former reggae correspondent Kevin Martin. The new night begins on 17 November with Goth-Trad, Terror Danjah and of course The Bug himself, along with vocalists Miss Red, Lady Chann and his large collection of frankly ludicrous bass bins...
Tags: Kaskade, Kode9, Hyperdub, Rinse FM, DJ Rashad, Prince, Versace, The xx, Berghain, Shout!, Turin, Joseph Capriati, Tale Of Us, Nina Kraviz, Motion, Ben Klock, Jackmaster, A Sagittariun, ItaloJohnson, Jeremy Underground, Axel Boman, KiNK, Lee Foss, Illum Sphere, Ninja Tune, Kenneth Bager Experience, Mumdance, Logos, Dave Smith Instruments, Moon Harbour, Egg Ldn, Sven Tasnadi, Matthias Tanzmann, Take Note, Norman Jay, Paco Osuna, !K7 Records, Gretchen, Berlin, The Bug, Terror Danjah, Goth-Trad